Visit the Rochehaut wildlife park
in the little train
40 animal species from near and far
Our animals live in RELATIVE -FREEDOM on a spectacular, well-managed 40 ha estate. All steps are taken to ensure their WELFARE. BABY ANIMALS ARE BORN here each year and we love to share these emotional moments with you on social media.
Most are animals from the farms, meadows and forests of the Ardennes. The few exotic species we have are particularly well suited to our region’s climate.
TRAIN DEPARTURE TIMES
Open all year round (except in heavy snow)
Weekdays: 10.45am – 1.45pm – 3pm – 4.15pm and 5.30pm
Weekends and public holidays: 10.45am – 1.30pm – 2.45pm – 4pm and 5.15pm
These times may change due to the weather or to accommodate visitor numbers. With two trains available, we can add in extra journeys but may also reduce the frequency when visitor numbers are low.
THE DAILY DEPARTURE TIMES ARE AVAILABLE
- On the boards opposite La Taverne de la Fermette (train departure point)
- In the Boutique Ardennaise
- By phoning +32 61 46 10 00 mornings after 9.30am.
DEPARTURE, DURATION AND COMFORT
- Leaves opposite La Taverne de la Fermette in the centre of the village
- Takes a good hour, most of the time on a private circuit which runs through the park
- Comfortable seating in three carriages of two small trains. In winter, the glass windows are re-fitted to the carriages of one of the trains to shelter you from the elements.
Museum car park: near the family farm and the Agricultural Museum (spaces for 30 cars and three coaches)
Petit Bois car park: opposite the Petit Bois conference room (spaces for 30 cars and three coaches)